The Elite Team is designed to support and empower emerging youth athletes with disabilities, ages 13-24, who are training competitively in sports that are featured in the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games. We aim to identify and assist athletes who are trying to bridge the gap between grassroots and elite sports.
Move United, in partnership with The Hartford’s Ability Equipped program is empowering athletes with disabilities to achieve amazing things by making adaptive equipment and sports more accessible. This program is intended to not only enhance the efforts of its athletes through funding opportunities, but to increase their visibility within the pipeline of their sport, and help them become the best athletes they can be, both on and off the field of play.
- One-time Training/Competition Grant of up to $500 in one Summer and one Winter Paralympic Sport. Grant recipients are able to reapply for training and competition grants every three years.
- Exclusive Elite Team Sports Apparel Package
- Athlete profile on Move United website
- Discounted rates to regional competitions
- Opportunity to be selected to Team USA to compete at the International Wheelchair & Amputee Sports Federation competitions around the world
- Access to classification at sanctioned events
- Access to online and in-person trainings and clinics
- Recognition and engagement opportunities in: Move United Magazine (formerly Challenge Magazine), podcasts, webinars, and social media
- Priority consideration for additional scholarship, training, and competition opportunities
- Between the ages of 13-24
- U.S. legal permanent resident
- Medically classifiable to compete in the Paralympic Sport you are applying under (actual current classification is not required)
- Actively training and competing
- Enrolled in school (e.g. college, high school, home schooled)
- Provide a reference letter from your current coach (must be dated from within the current year)
- Must not be considered part of TEAM USA (cannot be a member of the national team or have an athlete profile on the US Paralympic Athlete portal for the sport you applying under). This award is intended for grassroots athletes who have not yet competed at elite national or international level
- Current Elite Team members who have already received an equipment grant are not eligible to apply
All youth competitive athletes, including current Move United Elite Team members who have received/applied for a training grant, are eligible to apply this opportunity.
Equipment grant request cannot exceed $5,000, including shipping. Excess or additional equipment cost for upgrades, enhancements, or modifications will be the grantee’s responsibility. Move United will notify selected grantees about the distribution process.
The application has a “save and continue later” function. To avoid information being lost due to connectivity or browser issues, a recommendation is to copy and paste this application to a word document, fill out the responses in this word document and then cut and paste answers to this application form for submission.
The E-Team Equipment grant cycle has now closed.
At The Hartford Ski Spectacular 2018, we granted 9 athletes ski and snowboard equipment via the Move United Elite Team Equipment Grant. This was made possible by our generous Title sponsor, The Hartford, through their Ability Equipped Program.