The Elite Team is designed to support and empower emerging youth athletes with disabilities, ages 13-24, who are training competitively in sports that are featured in the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games. We aim to identify and assist athletes who are trying to bridge the gap between grassroots and elite sports.
This program is intended to not only enhance the efforts of its athletes through funding opportunities, but to increase their visibility within the pipeline of their sport, and help them become the best athletes they can be, both on and off the field of play.
- One-time Training Grant of $500 in one Summer and one Winter Paralympic Sport. Previous training grant recipients are able to reapply for training grants every three years.
- Exclusive Elite Team Sports Apparel Package
- Athlete profile on Move United website
- Discounted rates to regional competitions
- Opportunity to be selected to Team USA to compete at the International Wheelchair & Amputee Sports Federation competitions around the world
- Access to classification at sanctioned events
- Access to online and in-person trainings and clinics
- Recognition and engagement opportunities in: Move United Magazine (formerly Challenge Magazine), podcasts, webinars, and social media
- Priority consideration for additional scholarship, training, and competition opportunities
- Between the ages of 13-24
- U.S. legal permanent resident
- Medically classifiable to compete in the Paralympic Sport you are applying under (actual current classification is not required)
- Actively training and competing
- Enrolled in school (e.g. college, high school, home schooled)
- Provide a reference letter from your current coach (must be dated from within the current year)
- Must not be considered part of TEAM USA (cannot be a member of the national team or have an athlete profile on the US Paralympic Athlete portal for the sport you applying under). This award is intended for grassroots athletes who have not yet competed at elite national or international level
- If you have been previously named to the Elite Team, you are considered a member until you no longer meet the criteria and do not need to apply again, unless you are applying for a different season.
Please note: Athletes are limited to Elite Team membership for one winter and one summer sport. If you received this grant in the past, you can only apply for the training grant in the opposite season.
For more information, contact Bre Podgorski, email@example.com, 301-217-9842.