Date(s) - 10/27/2019 - 11/02/2019
Higher Ground Sun Valley
- Who: 9 male or female veterans and their significant others
- What: A week of recreational therapy through a variety of activities (more information to come!)
- When: October 27 – November 2, 2019
- Where: Wood Ranch, TX
- Accommodations: Accessible lodge with private bathrooms
- Accessibility: Accessible
- Cost: HG covers all related costs, including travel costs for both veterans and supporters
A few notes about our program
- Registration: Our programs are for veterans with symptoms of PTSD, TBI, MST, and/or polytrauma. If you would like to attend a program, you must first register on our website here. From there, a Participant Coordinator will be in contact with you regarding available opportunities for you. If you have already registered but your contact information has changed, please let us know so we can continue to inform you of upcoming programs! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with any relevant changes.
- One-Time Experience: Due to our lengthy waitlist, we are only able to provide one week-long program. We provide resources to find recreation in your home community, as well as 3 years of follow-up after you have completed our program.
- Recreational Therapy: Our programs incorporate daily group discussions to reflect on the impact of recreation, typically they last about an hour right before dinner.
For more information, watch our video here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8gSBrgqIzQ