2021 Sanctioned Events Requirements
- Move United strives to approve sanctioning applications for in-person events for the 2021 season, knowing COVID-19 will make an impact and local health regulations may be different around the country. All events must have a COVID-19 plan in place and shared with athletes and all event attendees. Please provide a copy of the plan to Jessie at email@example.com. If you need resource information or examples of sport specific plans you may contact Jessie.
- New Move United data collection requirements are in place for the 2021 competition season. Please add the following questions to your 2021 sanctioned event registration forms: 2021 Sanctioned Competition Data Collection
- All organizations requesting sanctioning of their 2021 event must be current members of Move United. If you are not a current member, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- All sanctioned events are required to have liability insurance of $1,000,000 per occurrence limit and $2,000,000 aggregate limit.
- If your insurance is through Move United, request your Certificate of Insurance through Move United and forward a copy to email@example.com
- If your insurance coverage is not through Move United, please send a Certificate of Insurance, with Move United named as an additional Insured, to Shelli Fazzini: firstname.lastname@example.org (no later than 30 days prior to the event).
- If you do not offer regular programming and therefore do not carry liability coverage, you can request “single event” insurance through Move United. Please send an email to Ryan Semke at email@example.com
Incident Report Form
- An Incident Report Form should be present at the event to document any accidents or injuries. This form is available online at https://www.moveunitedsport.org/chapters/insurance/incident-reporting-policy
- A hard copy can be requested from Ryan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Release of Liability Waiver and Media Release
- In 2021, all staff, athletes, officials, coaches, classifiers, and volunteers (both day of and on-going volunteers) of sanctioned events will be required to sign the Move United Release of Liability and Media Waiver.
- The form is available online in English and Spanish and can be found here: https://www.waiverfile.com/b/DisabledSportsUSAInc
- We have discovered that the most efficient way to secure signed releases is to embed the online link into the registration confirmation.
- A hardcopy of the form is also available upon request from Ryan: email@example.com
- Event staff and officials need to be SafeSport certified, complete a criminal background check once every 12 months, and complete concussion protocol training.
- The organization hosting the event should ensure compliance of these sport protection policies and keep copies of certificates and results of background checks.
- If you need assistance with SafeSport training, please reach out to Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For background checks, we recommend the National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI). A discount is available through Move United. Cost is dependent upon product selected. If interested, please contact Ryan at email@example.com
- Concussion Protocol training is free and can be completed online through the CDC Heads Up to Youth Sports training. https://www.cdc.gov/headsup/index.html
- Please prominently display the Move United logo on the marketing materials, registration, event website and through social media. The logo is intended to be a benefit to you for greater event recognition with the affiliated Move United brand. If you need a copy of the Move United logo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share athletic successes and event highlights via the following social media handles:
- Instagram @moveunitedsport
- Twitter @moveunitedsport
- Facebook @Move United Sport
- YouTube Move United
- Ask each participant to complete the Move United Physical Activity Survey
- Post event results to your event website.
- Add key data elements to the post event data collection template found here: Post Event – Data Collection
- Within two weeks of event close date: gather all information and documents needed to complete the Move United Post Sanctioned Event report. This includes event results, athlete demographic information, athlete feedback, testimonials and outcomes, successes and challenges, outreach efforts, media reach, and high-quality jpg photos. Submit all information and requested files here: Move United Post Event Report
- Within two weeks of event close date, email completed records to Jessie at Move United email@example.com