To help support organizations demonstrating a need, Disabled Sports USA is providing limited travel scholarships of up to $500 for staff/volunteers who serve in leadership positions at DSUSA chapters to attend the Adapt2Achieve Leadership Conference in Colorado Springs, CO May 11-13, 2020.
- Chapters must be in good standing (i.e. no outstanding payments due; current insurance on file etc).
- Chapters are responsible for nominating individual(s); personal scholarship applications submitted by other individuals will not be accepted. Please limit submissions to 1 applicant per chapter.
- To qualify, a nominee must be a volunteer or staff member (18 years or older) at a DSUSA chapter. Preference will be given to chapters with annual operating budget of less than $1 million that have not had individuals attend the Leadership Conference in the past 2 years.
Priority consideration will be given to individuals who:
- Serve in a leadership position
- Describe in application a need for the training
Scholarship Includes: Funding of up to $500 to support travel and lodging to participate in the Adapt2Achieve Leadership Conference in Colorado Springs, CO May 11-13, 2020.
- Can be used to cover travel expenses essential to attend conference (economy air and/or ground transportation) as well as lodging through the Colorado Springs Double Tree (valid for the evenings of May 11, May 12 and May 13 – discounted room block link to be provided upon receipt of scholarship).
- Reimbursement is contingent upon attendance at the event and submission of itemized receipts
- All submitted receipts must follow DSUSA travel policies, which will be provided to the attendee if they are selected for the scholarship
Applicants will be informed of a decision by Friday, March 6. Upon notification of the award, the scholarship recipient is responsible for completing online registration and booking lodging for the event no later than Friday, April 17, 2020.
Application Deadline: February 21, 2020
The application period has expired. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.