The Move United Membership Network is invited to apply for admission to a free 3-day NOLS Risk Management Training hosted online July 28-30, 2020 to support the training of their staff, volunteers, and community partners who teach disabled veterans.
With support from the Department of Veterans Affairs, Move United had planned to host risk management training with the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) around the country in 2020, but due to circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will now be offering training online.
This course will provide outdoor administrators and program staff with a structured approach and tools to build a risk management plan appropriate for your organization. Content draws from lessons learned at NOLS over 50+ years of programming and experiences managing risk in wilderness environments around the world.
- Organizations are responsible for completing the application; personal applications submitted by other individuals will not be accepted
- Organizations can nominate a maximum of 3 representatives to attend the course
- Organizations will be selected and representatives notified by July 1
- Current affiliation with the Move United Membership Network and in good standing
- Organization must provide services at no cost for disabled veterans
- Reliable access to high speed Internet, webcam, and microphone to participate in virtual training that includes live interactive discussions and access to NOLS Learning Management System
- At minimum, have experience adequate to provide a frame of reference for, and contribution to, group discussions about risk management
- If selected, attendees will need to complete a registration form by July 7
- Organizations nominating 2 or 3 representatives who can participate in the course together
- Individuals in leadership positions
- Individuals with disabilities, veterans, and VA healthcare providers
- Collaborate with local VA Medical Center to provide outdoor programs
- Describe in application a significant need for the training (i.e. limited training opportunities in the local area, impact on services to disabled veterans in current/future programming)
Application Deadline: June 26, 2020
This program was funded in part by a grant of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs. The opinions, findings and conclusion stated herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.